Guys want amazing brows too! When it comes to a feature that frames the face, gender takes a back seat. Masculine brows are created using Nano Strokes; hair like strokes that mimic natural brow hair. Created a bit differently than women’s eyebrows, man brows are designed in a perfectly, imperfect way. A more defined brow for Men who know the power of eyebrows!
You can find all our aftercare do's, don'ts and general info here.
For best results, it’s VERY important that you carefully follow pre + postcare instructions. Set reminders on your phone or place sticky notes on your vanity as a reminder to stop the mentioned products/ treatments listed below.
If you arrive to your appointment with visibly compromised skin the day of your appointment (i.e., sunburnt, signs of retinol usage, laser marks, etc.) I cannot work on you. Please see policies for further information.
Please consult with your Doctor before discontinuing any of the mentioned medications/topicals.
Disclaimer: redness and/or swelling of the tattooed area is normal. If you experience pain accompanied by a red ring, seek medical attention immediately. I am not a Doctor and cannot treat or diagnose.
4 weeks prior to your appointment avoid the following:
- Chemical peels
- Rentin-A / Retinol / Vitamin A
- Laser treatments
- Glycolic Acid
- Brow Henna
- Brow Lamination
- Brow Serums
- Sun tanning (self-tanner is fine!)
- Acne medication in any form.
2 weeks prior to your appointment avoid the following:
- Botox or Disport
- Direct sun exposure to the area being treated (including lips). Wear SPF 30+ and/or a hat while outdoors.
- Brow tinting
1 week before your appointment:
- Avoid blood-thinning supplements such as Fish oil.
- You may get your brows shaped 72 hours before your appointment or leave them be and I’ll clean them up for you!
- Make sure your skin is well hydrated. Drink lots of water & moisturize the area being treated (brows included).
- Moisturize daily.
Discontinue use of the following products & medications 24 hours prior to treatment;
- Caffeinated beverages. If you must have coffee the morning of, opt for De-caffeinated.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Nyquil or any kind of cold medicine
- OTC blood thinners such as Aspirin
Aftercare is specific to each skin type. This is a general guide on what to prepare for during the healing process. Your customized aftercare instructions will be provided at your appointment.
- DAY 1-2: Gently wash the area with clean fingertips 2x per day. Pat dry & apply a rice grain amount of the provided aftercare ointment.
- DAY 3-10: Gently wash 1-2 times a day. Pat dry & apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment.
- Do not pick, rub, pull or force remove flaking.
- No sauna, hot yoga, steam room, or full submersion in water (including the shower). Pop on over to my shop and grab a few brow shields to make showering easy!
- Do not sweat excessively. Light exercise is acceptable. I urge my clients to stay in the fat burning zone: (i.e. weight lifting, brisk walk, light biking, etc.). You must avoid heavy cardio for 7-10 days. Sweat contains salt & salt is a lightening agent.
- Avoid makeup, sunscreen or any other skincare products on the treated area until all flaking has naturally exfoliated.
- You may return to your normal routine after:
- 10 days for brows & freckles
- 7 days for eyeliner & lip blush
Once Healed: Tips on how to increase tattoo longevity
Cosmetic tattoos will fade over time. This natural process is inevitable due to external & internal factors such as skin type, sun exposure, exposure to chemicals, etc.; however, if you follow the following steps you may prolong the life of your tattoo.
- Wear SPF30+ EVERYDAY rain or shine. You’re still exposed to harmful UV rays while doing everyday things such as driving your car, spending time outside (even on cloudy days), sitting by windows for extended periods of time, etc. Check out my shop to grab oil free lightweight & non greasy SPF !
- Inform your esthetician of your permanent makeup & ask he/she to keep all chemicals & lasers at least 1” from the tattoo.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly! Exfoliation will keep your tattoo looking fresh by sloughing off dry, dull skin. Check the ingredients in all skin care to make sure they don’t have any of the mentioned products in them before applying to the tattooed Area.
Remove foundation and/or concealer from your tattoo! Sometimes clients don’t realize that they are getting the perimeter of their brows, lips & eyeliner with foundation and/or concealer. Grab a Q-tip & micellar water (any kind) & remove any accidental makeup application.